Today was super random. Andy V and I had a Tech Talk to put together and present in the afternoon, so we worked on that in between one-on-ones with Tommy this morning. We presented this talk (RubyConf 2017: Just when you thought you couldn’t refactor any more) and discussed how far we would have refactored the block. I personally don’t think the code was very clear or understandable by the end of the presentation. Much of that had to do with the regex.
After the talk this afternoon, I jumped into a story, but ran into a couple of blockers. I had a few old bulk plan subscriptions on my local dev environment that were useless so I cleaned those up before making a new one. I attempted to go to my local admin page and was greeted with a never-ending queue of routing errors on my Rails server. I’m still working on debugging that. It seems like one of my environment variables isn’t getting set, but I can’t figure out why. I updated to the new Mac OS this weekend so I’m assuming that has something to do with this whole thing.
Subscribe to Beth Haubert
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox